Old Capital Tour Sonargaon
|Duration||Tour Type||Guiding Method||Unit Price||Book Now|
|8 Hours||Group/ Individuals||Live Guide/Instructor||USD $140|
Sonargaon originally called Shornogram or Shubarnogram, and denotes the ancient territory of Bengal. It was the former capital of Bengal from 13th century to 17th century. Sonargaon means “Golden Village”. One of the tribal groups of people named Shornobhusitah lived in this area. Literally meaning ‘dressed up with gold’ and signifying that all the people’s men and women used to adorn themselves with gold. This was a thriving administrative, commercial and maritime centre of Bengal. This place was described by world famous globe trotter including, Ibn Battuta (from Morocco), Ralph Fitch (from England), Ma Huan (from China) and Niccolo de Conti from (from Venice, Italy) as a thriving headquarters for trade and commerce of eastern province of Bengal.
You will visit here a beautiful River Island (Char), bamboo made school, Panam City (Panam Nagor), Sonargaon folk art and craft museum; a beautiful tiny mosque built in medieval time by local spiritual man in 1519.
- Pick up from your Hotel. Drive to Sonargaon which is 45 kilometers away from Dhaka
- Take a boat and cross one of the powerful rivers called ‘Meghna River’. Visit a Char (a tract of land surrounded by the waters of river, sea, or stream), you will see the extremely rural area where people living with limited facilities and you will explore village life activities, their local culture, and tradition.
- Visit Panam City (Panam Nagor) is now fully an abandoned city.
- Visit Sonargaon folk art and craft museum you will see here folks art and handicraft staffs all together 4, 518 different objects collected from different times from 17th century to late of 20th century.
- Visit Goaldi Mosque one of the beautiful surviving monuments built in 1519.
- Lunch in a local Bangla restaurant / Chinese restaurant
- Private air-conditioned transportation throughout the tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Mineral water
- entrance fees
- Additional food and drinks
- souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide.
Note: We also provide customized packages as per customer’s requirement